Promoting a Culture of Safe Working
EH Systems offers comprehensive manual handling training courses. Therefore ensuring the protection of staff in the workplace. One of our fully qualified trainers will teach you how to lift, carry, move & transport objects safely. You’ll learn proven techniques which avoid injuries caused due to continual bad lifting.
With prices that are very competitive, why not get in touch today to discuss your requirements?
What Does the Law Say About Manual Handling?
Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, every business has a duty to:
- Avoid the need for hazardous manual handling (so far as is reasonably practicable)
- Assess the risk of injury from any hazardous manual handling that can’t be avoided
- Reduce the risk of injury from hazardous manual handling so far as is reasonably practicable
As a Guide, Employees Should:
- Follow appropriate systems of work laid down for their safety
- Make proper use of equipment provided for their safety
- Co-operate with their employer on health and safety issues to minimise risk
- Inform their employer if they identify hazardous handling activities
- Take care to ensure that their activities are not hazardous to others
Many businesses are under the assumption that this type of training does not apply to them as a result of working mainly in an office environment. However, there is evidence to support claims that physical injuries such as back and spinal pain can be caused by continual bad lifting, twisting and stretching and not by single trauma injuries.
EH Systems can help businesses to avoid these types of injuries to their employees through the provision of effective and comprehensive training. Read about the importance of the correct manual handling and what the Health & Safety Executive say about here.
Practical, Tailored Manual Handling Training Courses
The Manual Handling Training courses EHS provides include the use of theory, props, tuition and practical lifting techniques. The purpose of which is to demonstrate to attendees how to lift, carry, move and transport objects safely. Any course we offer can be tailored a course to meet your exact needs. From a one-hour office information course, or a two-hour workshop which is better suited to an industrial/warehouse environment.
All manual handling training can be carried out at your premises at a time that suits you. This will help minimise any disruption to your business. All that’s required is a small, vacant office or room.
Reap the Benefits
By engaging in an instructional training course, your business and its employees can leverage the numerous and significant benefits that these courses deliver.
For example, attendance on just a single course will reveal how using the correct manual handling procedures and consequently help to:
- Avoid costly, stressful accidents
- Lower insurance premiums
- Promote a safe working environment and culture
- Encourage teamwork and improve staff morale
- Protect your business and enhance its reputation as a responsible employer